As part of our week on Beyondtheschoolrun focusing on women and money we asked experts to share their top tips.
- Protection -Look at your protection policies, both employer and personal, understand the cover and check that you are fully covered and protected against the unexpected.
- Budget -Work out a budget which gives your finances structure, budget for the year and not just the month
- Wills – Is your will up to date to ensure that your estate would be distributed in line with your wishes
- Communicate – If you are living as a couple ensure that you both understand the family finances and where the paperwork is kept
- Statements -Keep track of your investments and pensions, including those from past employers, do you know how much is in them and when you can get access to it?
- Advise – Reach out to an advisor for a Financial Health Check, have an expert look at your finances.
Rebecca Maxwell-Hyslop, Appointed Representative of St. James’s Place Wealth Managementwww.rebeccamaxwellhyslop.co.uk